March 14, 2020 Update
Web page added for Distance Learning Resources for teachers.
March 13, 2020 Update
In keeping with the direction of the Florida Commissioner of Education, all Florida Conference schools will be closed for an additional week of spring break. Teachers should report for duty during the additional week at their schools. This means that all FLCOE schools will be physically closed the week of March 16, 2020. Please contact your school for more information as spring breaks vary.
March 12, 2020 Update
As COVID-19 (currently classified as a pandemic) spreads in the United States, districts, and schools, it is essential that we stay consistent in our approach and messaging with our parents, students, and communities. While taking every precaution to be safe, we mustn't become alarmist in our mentality and approach. Please know that we are closely monitoring the virus and following the current guidance from the leading government and health authorities. We must stay abreast of the changing dynamics in our communities so that we can be a resource to our school families. The public reaction to COVID-19 increases daily, and FLCOE has been and will continue forwarding updates as they become available to us from the NAD, CDC, and other governmental agencies.
Please take note of the following items, as currently, we plan to continue normal school operations while preparing for and monitoring conditions that might dictate alternate strategies.
- Following the recommendation by the Florida Commissioner of Education, any trips involving airfare, regardless of the destination, are to be canceled or postponed until further notice.
- Please follow your local county's directives regarding the closing of schools as a preventative measure in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
- With the possibility that schools may close according to county mandates, please start working with your teachers regarding ways to continue instruction and learning during that time, including taking textbooks home, determining the use of technology, and FACTS/RenWeb to keep in contact with students and parents.
- When your school takes spring break, this would be a great time to conduct extra cleaning at your school.
- Please be vigilant in reminding your teachers, staff, and students to take every opportunity to practice hygienic protocols.
- Encourage your school families to keep their children home if they are sick.
We will continue to monitor events in the state, country, and world and will commit to keeping the lines of communication open with you at this time.
Finally, let us continue to stay strong in our faith and purpose, knowing that through every situation and crisis, our Heavenly Father sees and cares.