STEM noun Science, Technology, Engineering, Math - the disciplines necessary to thrive and survive in a 21st century economy.
“The future of the economy is in STEM.... That’s where the jobs of tomorrow will be.” - James Brown, the executive director of the STEM Education Coalition in Washington, D.C.
Employment in occupations related to STEM is projected to grow to more than 9 million between 2012 and 2022. That’s an increase of about 1 million jobs over 2012 employment levels. - U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
One-third of baptisms in the Adventist Church come from our schools. Our schools must grow and remain vibrant!
For our schools to remain vibrant we must provide curriculum and learning environments that prepare children to succeed in a world driven by technology.
We are committed to supporting our schools with the following initiatives:
- Making sure all students have access to state of the art technology
- Promoting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) curriculum
- Training and coaching for teachers and school administrators that embraces design thinking
- The creation of Innovation Centers that provide space and resources for experiential learning and creating
- Building new schools. NTCA in Tampa is already up and running. Broward Academy will be next
- Offering curriculum that addresses the Social and emotional challenges faced by all young people
- Enhancing our pre-school a voluntary pre-kindergarten (VPK) programs
Please stand with us by letting us know of your willingness to volunteer or support these initiatives by contacting Phil Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org